In order to open and operate safely during the COVID-19 pandemic, here at Sooke River Campground, we are closely following the recommendations of the Provincial Health Officer.
Current travel advisory – April 20, 2021 update:
At this time, all non-essential travel should be avoided. This includes travel into and out of B.C. and between regions of the province. For example:
- Do not travel for a vacation
- Do not travel to visit friends or family outside of your household or core bubble
Up to 10 people can gather outdoors. For example:
- Up to 10 people can gather at a park or beach
- Up to 10 people can gather in the backyard of a residence
Do not gather with several groups of new people. Stick to the same people. Continue to use COVID-19 layers of protection and maintain physical distancing.
- At this time there will be no visitors allowed at the campground. Only registered campers will be allowed.
- Currently, our portable washrooms have been closed. Our main shower house/washroom facility remains open. However, this is subject to change.
- All cancellations that result from travel restrictions are still subject to our standard cancellation policy. No out-of-country guest bookings will be accepted at this time.
- Physical distancing (2 meters) must be maintained at all times. Masks are mandatory while approaching the office, staff members, and while using our washroom facilities.
- Capacity allowances are posted outside of our washroom facilities to allow for physical distancing between guests. Use at your own risk.
- All campers and visitors must check-in at the office located at the entrance of the campground. The lobby will not be open for guests to enter. You will approach the office and stand under the covered deck to interact with staff. Please respect physical distancing when other guests are also waiting to check-in.
- If you or anyone in your group are sick, DO NOT come to the campground. Please call us and we will help cancel your reservation. If you need to assess your symptoms, call 8-1-1 or use the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment tool.
Keep in mind that we cannot police all guests. We ask everyone to be supportive and kind if you need to remind each other of physical distancing and masks.
Thank you for your support and cooperation!