Office Hours: 9 am – 8 pm / Office Sales: 11 am – 7 pm
Check-in: 1 pm Check-out: 11 am
Security Gate: The gate is closed from 10 pm to 7 am and for the restful night of all campers there are no exceptions for late arrivals or early departures.
- A credit or debit card & a valid ID will be required of all reservations.
- Full payment by cash, debit or credit card is due at the time the reservation is made.
- Early check in, $10.00 fee applies (depending on availability)
- Late check out, please contact the office before 11 am to check on availability. A day rate of $10.00 applies with checkout no later than 3 pm. After 3 pm overnight charges will apply.
- Maximum 2-week stay
- Refunds are not provided for early departures.
- The site is to be occupied only by the registered guests. Subletting of RV or site is not permitted without approval of management.
- In case of an emergency, there is a door bell outside the office that is connected to the managers’ residence.
- Wheelchair accessible washrooms with coin-operated hot showers (loonies only; $1.00 / 5 min) with a keypad entrance.
- Pet Charges- Maximum 2 dogs. Free for campers, $25.00 for cabins.
- Lock Site Fee: The automated system may change your site location for a better grid optimization but campers can guarantee their chosen site by paying the ‘lock site fee’ ($10.00). While we try to guarantee the sites, the system was set up that way to optimize the sites.
- All RV’s must have valid insurance and provide evidence of that insurance upon request.
The rates for each site are per sleeping unit for one family (2 adults + children) or up to 4 adults; additional guests are charged extra. One RV or tent per campsite, any additional units pay an additional full rate per day and must be approved by the office.
Each site is designated for one RV and one vehicle; maximum two vehicles if they fit within your specific site, not encroaching on the campground road or your neighbor’s site.
Boats will have to be approved by the office and parked at all times at the visitor’s parking area. Boats/utility trailers’ fee is $5.00 / night.
Registered campers are responsible for the conduct of their guests. The camping guidelines are for everyone’s enjoyment of the facilities. All visitors must park in the visitor’s parking area by the blue bins and must leave by 10:00pm.
Quiet Time: 10pm
Absolutely no music or loud talking past this time. Please use consideration when using sound systems during the day as well. Rowdy or rude conduct is NOT tolerated and will result in you being asked to leave, after the first notice the police will be called. Please respect your neighbours.
The speed limit is 5 kms throughout the property. There are a lot of young children and pets, so please be very careful. Make sure to follow the directional arrows when driving in the campground and do not cut through empty sites, stay on the road.
Generators are allowed, but only to be used between 10am and 6pm.
Parents and guardians are responsible for the safety and supervision of their children. Children are not to use the washrooms as play areas and they must be supervised at all times in the playground. Bike riding is encouraged within the campground but it is unsafe to ride around the office area.
Please make sure your pet is on a leash at all times. The designated off leash area is located in the overflow field area at the far end of the campground. Owners are responsible for the actions of their pets. Please do not allow your pets to venture onto other guests RV sites or into the washroom building.
There are baggies available for their droppings, please pick up after your pet and dispose in garbage. If your pet is excessively noisy, aggressive or you fail to follow pet rules may result in the pet and the owner being asked to leave.
Please help us keep our campground clean. Do not remove, cut or damage in any way – trees, shrubs, flowers, etc. in the campground.
Blue Garbage bins are centrally located near the Loggers Pole for your use. Returnables (empties) should be put into the proper bins near the garbage. Cardboard only in the green bin. Please do not litter cigarette butts on the ground or in the fire pits.
Guests are responsible for the tidiness of their site, non-compliance may result in being asked to leave. Guests are expected to leave their site clean upon departure; failure to do so may result in additional fees being charged for clean-up.
Fire Pit Rings:
Campfires must be contained within the fire pit provided in your site and must be attended at all times. Campfires are not permitted during quiet hours (11pm to 7am). In the event of a campfire ban, charcoal briquettes and propane fires may be permitted. Please do not put cigarette butts, cans or garbage of any sort in the fire pits. Please do not burn garbage or construction material. Fire pits are NOT to be moved. Please note, this creates a big mess within the RV site with extra clean-up costs.
Must remain at your site. Please do not put portable BBQs on the picnic tables without heat/grease protection underneath them.
All guests are responsible for the security of their own site and belongings. Sooke River Campground and the managers will not be held responsible for any accidents, injuries, loss or damages due to fire, theft, accidents or Acts of God. All facilities are used by guests at their own risk.
Alcohol & Smoking / Vaping:
Alcohol consumption and tobacco and cannabis smoking/vaping is restricted to within the guest’s site and are not permitted in public areas.
Firearms / Fireworks:
The display or use of firearms and fireworks it strictly prohibited.
Terms & Conditions:
- Sooke River Campground reserves the right to relocate guests to best serve the needs of all guests and the business.
- Sooke River Campground reserves the right to require any guest or visitor to leave if they cause a disturbance or are abusive to staff or other guests.
- Sooke River Campground reserves the right to charge for incidentals ie. excessive littering at your campsite, dumping of construction materials, failure to pick up your dog droppings, damage to the landscaping… charges are not limited to the above.
Use of the campground constitutes acceptance of this agreement.
On behalf of the Sooke Community Association we hope you enjoy your stay.
Suggestions from campers for camp improvements gratefully accepted, place in green box outside office door.